Sunday, November 20, 2011

Person Of Interest - The Pinnacle Of Badassdom


I am a guy with simple needs. Give me a couple of kickass shows a week, and I'm happy. So when primetime television started to feel like it was trying too hard to please, my thirst for that one show that brought out the teenager in me increased with each passing day. 


Person Of Interest started on CBS 2 months ago....and life is GOOD!


Right from the premise to the cast, the show has captivated and intrigued my sensibilities. Jim Caviezel is brilliant as John Reese. There are people who would disagree, but consider his character. Reese is a broken man, with nothing left to live for. Although it isn't clear as yet why he broods the way he does (I don't think his girlfriend's death is the only reason), he possesses a specific skillset. Take away a craftsman's tools, and he becomes obsolete. So when a certain reclusive billionaire named Harold Finch gave him a purpose, a reason to do what he does best, along with unlimited funds and access to some really COOL weapons, the most badass character on primetime television is born. He's mechanical and has a glassy stare, but each week the writers peel off a layer from Reese's shell to reveal an increasingly complex and interesting character.


Now we come to Harold Finch.....MICHAEL EMERSON IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!! I loved him in Lost and his portrayal of Finch is nothing short of genius. His detached and awkward personality is a surprisingly comfortable fit to John Reese. We've been given a few snippets of information about how Finch created the machine, but I am eager to learn more about Finch himself. I have complete confidence in the writers that they won't disappoint.
After 8 episodes, the fun is just beginning. 


The Elias storyline sounds promising and I hope to see more of Enrico Colantoni (We will....right??). I will be prattling on a lot more about this show as it progresses. Keep checking in!!