Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Supernatural - The Road Ahead

With almost five long weeks left for the next episode of my favorite show, my speculative juices (the juices that help me speculate, not the juices in my body that may or may not exist, wtf am I saying!!), were in overdrive last night so I decided to translate those garbled emotions into words.

Since my last review on 'Death's Door', I may have given the impression that Bobby's REALLY dead, and since then a lot of people have given me hell for being under that impression. There's a good reason for what I wrote.

HE IS DEAD, YOU MORONS!

Let's clear up a few things. Bobby's dead. Period. And however strongly you feel about it (not more strongly than I do) there's no changing that. The final scene with the Reaper and the choice he gives Bobby, leaves the option open for him to either cross over or remain in between the realm of the living and the dead. In other words, there's a chance he could choose to stay and possibly become a ghost. There! As simply as I can put it, without bursting a vein.

There was no cliffhanger at the end, guys! It wouldn't make sense for the writers to give us another cliffhanger at the end of a cliffhanger episode, especially since we had another cliffhanger in the episode a week before this one.

Now that we've cleared things up, time to discuss what's next for Sam and Dean. The Winchesters are not exactly in the best frame of their respective minds. With Lucifer playing hopscotch in Sam's head and Dean, well, who knows what the hell Dean is thinking, but whatever it is, it ain't pleasant, the Leviathans still need to be dealt with. Bobby's death may have triggered something we, the Supernatural universe, might have been waiting for a long time - Two Winchesters with nothing left to lose.

Leviathan Dick needs a Borax bomb shoved up his ass and the boys have to be more motivated now than ever before. We have 13 more juicy episodes left in this season and despite what's happened, I still think there's a much deeper storyline involved and the Leviathans may just be a piece that the Winchesters need to stomp over to find out what's really going on.

Those numbers Bobby wrote down on Sam's hand (454895) obviously hold the key. How many of you googled those numbers to see what would pop up?

I'm still thinking in terms of what's in store in the long run for this show. This is NOT the last season. It can't be. If there's a minute chance this show is gonna end soon (and I will burn this world to the ground if there is! Too dramatic?), season 8 should be epic. And when I say epic, this is how I want season 8 to be -

- Castiel needs to come back. Either in the season 7 finale or the season 8 premiere. Not as Jimmy whatshisname. As CASTIEL!

- Lucifer and Michael break free. Any storyline involving Lucifer, Michael and Crowley will be gold!

- Death. Julian Richings. Anywhere. Cool!

- Remember the glory days when Castiel and the Winchesters were in top form? Didn't Cas mention something about finding God?? I think it's about time God put in an appearance, don't you? Maybe God will show up with Bobby as his vessel. Awesome!

These are the ramblings of a deranged goop with too much time on his hands. Ignore them if you wish.

But seriously, FIVE WEEKS, YOU FREAKS!